Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Allan Wojcik <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/11 16:59:55 UTC

RE: Exclude subversion files in war

I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Any hints?

Posted by Skovran <sk...@skovran.com>.
If you'll forgive another bump on this thread, I found that including the
trailing '/' in the pattern will exclude the .svn directories:

  <packagingExcludes>**/.svn/</packagingExcludes>

I am using maven-2.1.0 and maven-war-plugin-2.1-alpha-2.

RE: Exclude subversion files in war

Posted by Damon Silver <da...@diio.net>.
I'm not sure why you're replying to threads from three years ago, but I've
used the <packagingExcludes> directive to successfully exclude unwanted
files and directories from our war files.  The <excludes>/<exclude>
mechanism seems spotty at best at the moment, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-198 for the write-up.

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}</warSourceDirectory>
          <!--
            This is hacky but <excludes>/<exclude> directives seem to be
somewhat
            broken in recent versions of maven-war-plugin:
            http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-198 - DTS 5/28/09
          -->

<packagingExcludes>**/*.bat,.classpath,**/*.java,pom.xml,.project,.settings/
**,**/*.sh,target/**</packagingExcludes>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

- Damon