Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by veena pandit <v....@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 02:18:39 UTC

hello world

How to configure Hello.html in Tomcat?

Where do I place the following file?  How to access it from the server?

<HTML>
<BODY>
Hello, world
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thanks,

Veena

Re: hello world

Posted by veena pandit <v....@gmail.com>.
I have that book;  I am studying for SWCD certification.  There are some
gaps I am trying to fill.

Re: hello world

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: hello world

Posted by veena pandit <v....@gmail.com>.
http://www.jsptut.com/

RE: hello world

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: hello world

Posted by veena pandit <v....@gmail.com>.
Well I had to know, because it was chapter 1 in a web based tutorial for
JSP. :-)

Thanks,

Veena

Re: hello world

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.
>> http://localhost:8080/webapps/Hello/Hello.html.  Sorry for the misprint.
>>
> This must be the longest-running thread about a Hello World application
> ever, in any programming language.
> :-)

It looks to me that you should remove the webapps from the url.

What is your local path
What is the server.xml like
How did you deploy the app
How have you changed the default config...

HTH

Serge Fonville

Re: hello world

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Re: hello world

Posted by veena pandit <v....@gmail.com>.
It was actually:

Re: hello world

Posted by veena pandit <v....@gmail.com>.
http://localhost:8080/webapps/Hello.htm

Re: hello world

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
What path you gave to get that html in browser?

-Arvind S

*
"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison
*

RE: hello world

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: S Arvind [mailto:arvindwill@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: hello world
>
> rename the file name to index.html , or change the welcome page entry
> in web.xml to hello.html

As previously stated, that's a really bad idea.  It would overwrite Tomcat's default home page, obliterating the very useful links therein.

 - Chuck

Re: hello world

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: hello world