Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Branislav Jovicic <br...@nissatech.com> on 2020/08/26 09:16:44 UTC

Runtime-resolvable entry fields

Greetings,

I have a suggestion to make, based on my experience with StreamPipes and use-case I am dealing with in the current project.

First, I would like to explain what I did so far:
For my use-case, I developed a custom Data Processor that has requiredStream with requiredPropertyWithNaryMapping configuration option - so it looks something like this:
[cid:67ba2581-f474-4cb8-8aaf-1aeb671d3d86]
Now, what I would like to do is following: For every selected parameter I want to be prompted to enter some value (for example, one numeric value) that will be "binded" to that parameter. So, when some calculations are made for said parameter inside Data Processor, that binded value is used.
For example, if I select properties "a", "b" and "d", I would have to enter three additional values, one for each of the selected properties.

I believe it would be something similar to Runtime-resolvable selections with ResolvesContainerProvidedOptions, but instead of selections you would have entry fields (based on selected properties) that have to be filled with appropriate data. It seems that it would also be similar to collections, but I cannot specify elements of collection during development.

I believe there are multiple use-cases that could benefit from this feature; hence I wrote this mail.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Kindest regards,
Branislav

Re: Runtime-resolvable entry fields

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.