Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by yossim <mo...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/20 16:48:01 UTC

Adding new header to SA

Hi forum,

I am running MailScanner integrated with SA sendmail based.

I would like to add a new header to SA report, so the next stage of spam
filtering which is the trend micro will always forward the email the outlook
junk mail.

The header is as follows: X-TM-AS-Product-Ver:
SMEX-7.0.0.1557-5.0.1021-15334.002.

I searched in MailScanner and tried also in local.cf but with no results.

Kindly regards,

Yossi

Re: Adding new header to SA

Posted by Steve Freegard <st...@fsl.com>.
yossim wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> However the version of MailScanner that i use does not support this
> attribute.
>
> Is there other place were i can add this header.

No - you'll have to upgrade MailScanner if you want to be able to do
this (it isn't hard).

Kind regards,
Steve.

Re: Adding new header to SA

Posted by yossim <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Re: Adding new header to SA

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Steve Freegard wrote:

> How about:
>
> Spam Actions = deliver header "X-TM-AS-Product-Ver:
> SMEX-7.0.0.1557-5.0.1021-15334.002"
>
> That should do what you need.

Interesting. I didn't know MailScanner could do that.. and I use it.

Thanks for correcting me Steve, I'll try to file that factoid in my
memory for future reference. :)

Re: Adding new header to SA

Posted by Steve Freegard <st...@fsl.com>.

Re: Adding new header to SA

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
yossim wrote:
> Hi forum, I am running MailScanner integrated with SA sendmail based.
> I would like to add a new header to SA report, so the next stage of
> spam filtering which is the trend micro will always forward the email
> the outlook junk mail. The header is as follows: X-TM-AS-Product-Ver:
> SMEX-7.0.0.1557-5.0.1021-15334.002. I searched in MailScanner and
> tried also in local.cf but with no results. Kindly regards, Yossi
MailScanner doesn't offer any decent flexibility in header formats, and
under MailScanner, spamassassin doesn't have *ANY* ability to do
ANYTHING to the message directly.

MailScanner consults SA to generate a score and a list of hits only. It
then makes it's own markups. So any SA settings regarding headers would
be ignored.

RE: Adding new header to SA

Posted by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com>.
Yossim

More appropriate to the mailscanner list, but as part of the spam and/or high spam action add in the new header.

Have a look at the comments in the MailScanner.conf file above these settings.

If you're still stuck ask on the mailscanner list.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
> Hi forum, I am running MailScanner integrated with SA sendmail based. I
> would like to add a new header to SA report, so the next stage of spam
> filtering which is the trend micro will always forward the email the
> outlook junk mail. The header is as follows: X-TM-AS-Product-Ver: SMEX-
> 7.0.0.1557-5.0.1021-15334.002. I searched in MailScanner and tried also in
> local.cf but with no results. Kindly regards, Yossi

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)
United Kingdom