Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Eric Bouer <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 16:43:08 UTC

Consuming advisory messages in camel.

Hello.
I can't figure out how to consume advisory messges in camel.
Using simple java code I would use AdvisoryConsumer that can provide me
details about the advisory message (Advisory type).
Simply consuming
from("activemq:topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.MyQueue").to(someprocess())
doesn't help me figure out the Advisory type.
Is it supported ?
Thanks.

Re: Consuming advisory messages in camel.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Eric Bouer<er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Claus.
> This appears to be a very minor issue and not a problem as I thought it was,
> I was looking for direct access to AdvisorySupport Like I do with
> traditional AMQ client:
> Destination advisoryDestination =
> AdvisorySupport.getProducerAdvisoryTopic(destination)
> Spring JMS is a solution, I'm wondering if there is another more integrated
> way of doing so.

There is a camel-activemq.jar to be used from Camel to use activemq
over the generic camel-jms.jar
So its possible to add features to this .jar for the advisory.

However this .jar is in the AMQ project so I think you should get in
touch with this project as well.
To get their views on this.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Consuming advisory messages in camel.

Posted by Eric Bouer <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.