Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by m_...@mail.ru on 2006/05/25 00:20:04 UTC

Let me introduce myself...

Hello, Kevin, Andrus and all the good people in here.

Let  me introduce myself. My name is Michael Victorov. It seems like I
was  accepted  in  one of Cayenne SoC projects - cayenne-ropwsdl. I am
5th  year  student  of  Tver  State  University  (Tver,  Russia). Some
information  about  me  and about what I want to do can be found in my
proposal at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/MichaelVictorov/cayenne-ropwsdl-proposal.
I  am  new to OSS development and I am very happy to have such a great
starting  step  as  Summer  of  Code. I'll do my best to bring maximum
benefits to Cayenne project during this summer. It is really important
to me.

Michael.

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Welcome Marcel!

We have everybody on board now and no more obstacles to get the
coding going. Please don't be afraid to ask questions here, and
whenever you have any logical pieces completed (not necessarily
working pieces), submit a patch to your mentor via Jira (note that
all new Jira issues are automatically posted on this list). You
should select "SUMMER OF CODE 2006" for the "Affected Version" field
to make the tracking easier, but if you don't, not a problem - this
can always be re-categorized later.

Andrus

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Posted by Marcel <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Welcome Bruno!

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Posted by "Bruno J. M. Melo" <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Michael,

Congratulations and welcome! As you probably know Kevin will be
mentoring your application.

Per earlier discussion [1], we'll be setting up a space for each SoC
project in Cayenne Apache SVN. Contributions will be accepted via
patches that students shall submit via Jira [2] (that's a different
Jira instance from the one you just subscribed - you you'll have to
register there as well). It will be up to you how to maintain your
local source copy. One recommendation made earlier by Kevin is to use
SVK [3] to be able to sync with the latest reviewed and committed
Subversion code.

[1] http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-devel/2006/05/0160.html
[2] http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/
[3] http://svk.elixus.org/

(I'll try to write a more coherent version of the email above and put
it on Wiki shortly).

Andrus