Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stockii <st...@shopgate.com> on 2010/06/14 14:39:09 UTC

VelocityResponseWriter in Solr Core ?! configuration

Hello.

I want to use the VelocityResponseWriter.  I did all these steps from this
site: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/VelocityResponseWriter

Builded a war-file with "ant dist" and use it. but solr cannot find the
VelocityResponseWriter - Class

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/solr/response/QueryResponseWriter
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

i think i have an mistake when i build the warfile, because in my
build-folder after building, no valecity-classes are in there. how can i
build a solr.war with this classes ?

thx =)

Re: VelocityResponseWriter in Solr Core ?! configuration

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 14, 2010, at 9:12 AM, stockii wrote:
> i tried it with 1.4 and put the jars into lib of solr.home but it
> want be
> work. i get the same error ...
>
> i use 2 cores. and my solr.home is ...path/cores in this folder i put
> another folder with the name: "lib" and put all these Jars into it:
> apache-solr-velocity-1.4-dev.jar
> velocity-1.6.1.jar
> velocity-tools-2.0-beta3.jar
> commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
> commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
> commons-lang-2.1.jar

With multicore, you either have to put the JARs in each cores lib/
directory, or use the multicore sharedLib feature to point to the
proper lib directory.

> and then in solrconfig.xml this line: <queryResponseWriter
> name="velocity"
> class="org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter"/>

Again, I strongly recommend you use class="solr.VelocityResponseWriter".

	Erik

Re: VelocityResponseWriter in Solr Core ?! configuration

Posted by Jon Baer <jo...@gmail.com>.
Are you using Ubuntu by any chance?

It's a somewhat common problem ... @http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2854356/java-classpath-problems-in-ubuntu

I'm unsure if this has been resolved but a similar thing happened to me on a recent VMware image in a dev environment.  It worked everywhere else.

- Jon

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
What version of Solr are you using?

If you're using trunk, the VelocityResponseWriter is built in to the
example.

If you're using previous versions, try specifying
"solr.VelocityResponseWriter" as the class name, as it switched from
the request to the response packages, and the "solr." shortcut will
find it in either one.  The additional JAR files can go into your
<solr-home>/lib subdirectory and don't need to be built into the WAR
at all.

	Erik