Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Sammy Yu <te...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 03:17:36 UTC

Python 0.5 Client

Hi,
    I'm trying to get the 0.5 python client to talk to the java
broker.  However whenever I try to import qpid with the 0.8 spec it
errors out.  This appears to be a known issue QPID-1562.  Is there is
a workaround available?

Thanks,
Sammy

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Python 0.5 Client

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Sammy Yu <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    I'm trying to get the 0.5 python client to talk to the java
> broker.  However whenever I try to import qpid with the 0.8 spec it
> errors out.  This appears to be a known issue QPID-1562.  Is there is
> a workaround available?

>From reading the bug it looks like you need to feed it both the 0-8
and 0-10 specs to get it to work. I haven't tried that though. ;)

BTW, if you're using the java broker I'd personally go for the 0-9
spec, the implementation is more compliant with the spec. The 0-8
stuff has a few implementation specific deviations.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org