Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Chambery, Todd" <To...@FMR.COM> on 2002/03/06 17:52:10 UTC

DB2 and JDBCAppender

Greetings all,

I'm new to the list, but have been looking through the archives for
JDBCAppender info, and haven't found the answers I'm looking for.
Specifically:

	1)  I'm trying to log to a DB2 database with the JDBCAppender, but
it appear to use some JDBC 2.0 features, which DB2 does not yet fully
implement.  I ran the test code and got this:
java.sql.SQLException: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0626E  Updatable Result Set is
not supported in this version of DB2 JDBC 2.0 driver.
	at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throwNotSupportedByDB2(SQLExcepti
onGenerator.java:756)
	at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ResultSet.moveToInsertRow(DB2ResultSet.java:3848)
	at com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCLogger.append(JDBCLogger.java:389)

Has anyone successfully used JBDCAppender with DB2?

	2)  I saw mention of the fact that the JDBCAppender was included in
the log4j distro, but I don't believe this is true.  Seems like this would
be a valuable addition, any reason why it's not included?

thanks in advance,

Todd

Re: DB2 and JDBCAppender

Posted by Kevin Steppe <ks...@pacbell.net>.
Todd,
    Which JDBCAppender are you using (who's the author)?  There are two
JDBCAppenders in the contribs section of the log4j distribution.  In my biased
assessment, more problems have been reported with the one written by Thomas
Fenner than mine.  There will be a "official" JDBCAppender with log4j1.2beta(?)
but I haven't tested it out as much as I need to.  That should be availible real
soon now (By the weekend).

Kevin