Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by EngR H <h_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/11 13:15:48 UTC

Re: Custom Store

Hello Again :)

Just want to share my thoughts with u :)

Well, after digging a bit with the tx store I realized that the hirarchy, content descriptors are stored under the application server home directory, (in my case the OC4J), also the documents contents are stored there. So, I thought of using the tx store as my store but with some modifications, such as, to read my own content management system hirarchy and then generate the tx store hirarchy XML files at run time .. and instead of saving the media to the tx path, i'll save the media to my own system. also when reading the media from slide webdav server, i'll read it from my own system..

Got me? is this applicable?? or is there a better way ?? or is there a material to read b4 going on or ... ???

Regards,

Rony

Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de> wrote:
Hi Rony,

hopefully it will be out soon in the proposals section for public
review. As soon as this is done, there still can be changes to the API,
but they should be of minor type which means you could then.

I will clarify some stuff and come back to the list with more information.

Oliver

Re: Custom Store

Posted by EngR H <h_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanx Olivare for your concern !! .. well, Yes I read it carefully. but am afraid it would be more complicated than what i simply need, qouting from your mail :

>> when you simply want to integrate Slide to make use of
>>it's WebDAV features - which I guess is what you want to do as you
>>already have your repository - there will eventually a better way.
>>
>>I am currently doing some work on a simplified store interface which I
>>hope I can finally donate to the Slide project.

So i thought of a short-cut using the tx file store .. or is there any better/simpler way??

Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de> wrote:
This could work. However, the details will be very tricky, I am afraid.
Performance would not be best either, when you first transform into XML
and then back to objects as Slide needs them.

Have you read this?

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/CreateNewSlideStore

Oliver

Re: Custom Store