Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by xubo245 <60...@qq.com> on 2019/03/07 11:24:34 UTC

[Collection] Collect the requirement of hive + CarbonData

Dear all,
     Hive is a popular data warehouse software in big data domain. It's
better for enhance Hive + CarbonData, which will convenient for hive user to
read CarbonData. CarbonData supported hive before, and the hive test case
can run in CarbonData-1.5.2, but hive module is very old and not easy to be
used. SO we want to collect the requirement of hive + CarbonData and then
enhance the hive module in CarbonData.
     If you have any requirements or good suggestions for Hive+CarbonData,
Please reply this mail. I will check it.
     Thanks.
Best wishes!
                       Xubo

Re: [Collection] Collect the requirement of hive + CarbonData

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
+1 for Dhatchayani's advice.

It is better carbon set those properties instead of user

Regards,
Jacky

Re: [Collection] Collect the requirement of hive + CarbonData

Posted by dhatchayani <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xubo,

Current hive module is not working. Queries are giving wrong results while
reading from hive.

Please find the JIRA below. This JIRA is created to track the query result
issue.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CARBONDATA-3364

Current Implementation: User has to manually SET the required SERDE and the
Input Output Format to a new Hive managed/external table to query on carbon
data table.

Suggestion: We can SET the SERDE while table creation so that the user need
not set it manually.

Thanks,
Dhatchayani