Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2012/01/18 05:01:04 UTC

Re: UIMA C++ SDK Release 2.4.0 - dependent libraries included in binary distribution, and the license / notice

It appears that we build and include dependent libraries.  The Readme says:

UIMACPP has dependencies on APR, ICU, Xerces-C and ActiveMQ-cpp
libraries. The UIMA C++ SDK has been built with the following versions of these
dependencies:

- APR 1.3.8
- ICU 3.2.1
- XERCES 2.8.0
- ACTIVEMQ CPP 3.4.1

I see in lib/ things which look like built binaries for these (is that correct?).

If so, some of these have additional licenses and notices (for some parts); and
if we include those parts, we need to augment the binary distribution that is
shipping these, with the additional licenses and notices, I think.

For example, APR 1.3.8 has additional license and notice items.

-Marshall

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
The built libraries are included in the binary distribution.  All except
xerces are newer
version than the libraries in the previous UIMA C++ binary release. So will
have to update
the licences/notices.