Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Phill Edwards <ph...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/04 02:47:33 UTC

Missing Settings menu in Guacamole UI

I've just got Guacamole up and running. From YouTube videos and screenshots
I've seen I should have a settings menu where I can do things like edit
"Connections", "Users" and "Groups". But my Settings menu only has "Active
Sessions" and Preferences".

How do I get the full menu? I want the full menu because I need to edit
some RDP connection settings and I don't know what the parameter names are
to edit the user-mapping.xml file directly.

Regards,
Phill

Re: Missing Settings menu in Guacamole UI

Posted by Phill Edwards <ph...@gmail.com>.

> You need to set up a backend database, like MySQL or PostgreSQL, and then
> log in with an administrative account:
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html
>
> See:
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html
>
> The other mechanisms, like the built-in user-mapping.xml, are read-only and
> thus will not produce that interface.
>
> As for the parameter names, all parameters and their names are documented
> here:
>
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#connection-configuration

Thanks very much!

Re: Missing Settings menu in Guacamole UI

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 3, 2020, 19:48 Phill Edwards <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just got Guacamole up and running. From YouTube videos and screenshots
> I've seen I should have a settings menu where I can do things like edit
> "Connections", "Users" and "Groups". But my Settings menu only has "Active
> Sessions" and Preferences".
>
> How do I get the full menu? I want the full menu because I need to edit
> some RDP connection settings and I don't know what the parameter names are
> to edit the user-mapping.xml file directly.

You need to set up a backend database, like MySQL or PostgreSQL, and then
log in with an administrative account:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html

See:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html

The other mechanisms, like the built-in user-mapping.xml, are read-only and
thus will not produce that interface.

As for the parameter names, all parameters and their names are documented
here:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#connection-configuration

- Mike