Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Boulanger Martin <Ma...@atosorigin.com> on 2007/11/09 12:03:02 UTC

T5 - Upload File Component : NullPointerException

Hello,

I would like to upload a file using a tapestry form. I have followed the
example presented here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-upload/

HTML :

<t:form>
        <t:errors/>
        <input t:type="upload" t:id="file" validate="required"/>
        <input type="submit" value="Upload"/>
</t:form>

JAVA :

public class UploadExample
    {
        private UploadedFile _file;

        public UploadedFile getFile()
        {
            return _file;
        }

        public void setFile(UploadedFile file)
        {
            _file = file;
        }

        public void onSuccess()
        {
            File copied = new File("/my/file/location/" +
_file.getFileName());

            _file.write(copied);
        }
    }

But when I try to access the page, I get a
java.lang.NullPointerException. And I don't understand which variable
should be initialized.

I used FileUpload 1.2

org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException

location

classpath:... / UploadExample.html, line 13, column 65

8

</head>

9

10

11

<t:form>

12

<t:errors/>

13

<input t:type="upload" t:id="file" validate="required"/>

14

15

<input type="submit" value="Upload"/>

16

</t:form>

17

18

java.lang.NullPointerException

Stack trace

*
org.apache.tapestry.upload.components.Upload.beginRender(Upload.java:146
)

*
org.apache.tapestry.upload.components.Upload.beginRender(Upload.java)

*
org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$10$1.run
(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:345)

*
org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.invoke(C
omponentPageElementImpl.java:931)

*
org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.access$1
00(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:69)

Does someone knows how to solve this ?

Thank you very much,

Martin