Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Brian Henry <br...@ni.com> on 2021/04/01 15:27:22 UTC

Documentation for Extension API

Hi ECharts devs,

I've recently been working on creating an extension for echarts, but I've had trouble finding documentation and examples on how to do so. There definitely seems to be a comprehensive extension API<https://github.com/apache/echarts/blob/master/src/extension.ts>, but it's not easy to figure out how exactly it should be used. In addition, many existing echarts extensions are using deprecated APIs, so they don't serve as good examples to build from. Could you create documentation and simple examples on how to use the extension API endpoints?

For a little more background, I was able to write a small extension using the APIs, it's posted here<https://github.com/brianehenry/echarts-cursors>. It took me a while to figure out exactly what APIs I should be using though, and how I should be using them. I think having small, simple examples like the extension I wrote would be extremely valuable to others who are writing echarts extensions.

I can also post an issue to the echarts repo about this if you'd like.

Thanks,
Brian Henry

Re: Documentation for Extension API

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Brian

There is no detailed documentation about extension development currently. I
hope these examples can help you

Chart extensions
https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-wordcloud
https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-liquidfill

Coordinate system extensions
https://github.com/plainheart/echarts-extension-amap

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards

--
Yi Shen
Apache ECharts(incubating) PMC