Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com> on 2003/01/15 15:40:24 UTC

Intake question: how to add custum rule functions ?

Hi,

I need to do some validation on submitted form-fields that are not supported
by any of the rule-elements. (E.g. I need to look up the value in a
different table.)

Has anybody successfully added custom rule-functions manually in the
action-method, before calling intake.isAllValid() ?

Actually, my idea is to extend TurbineIntakeService and add methods to
validate form-fields individually.
First problem is I can't see any methods in TurbineIntakeService to get the
form-fields and to mark fields as un/validated (like
setFieldAsValidated(String fieldname)).

Any Intake-expert out there who can give me a hint?

Marc