Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org> on 2022/01/04 09:40:25 UTC

Lifting Kubernetes minimum version requirement for Apache Pulsar Helm Charts from k8s 1.14 to 1.18

Hi all,

Currently k8s 1.14 version is used in CI to verify the Helm chart changes.

k8s 1.14 became end-of-life 2019-12-11 , over 2 years ago [1].
The oldest maintained version for Kubernetes is 1.20 and it will become
end-of-life on 2022-02-28, in less than 2 months from now [2].

There's a PR to lift the minimum requirement for Apache Pulsar Helm Charts
to 1.18 so that we don't fall too far behind.
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/pull/192

Please review. If the PR gets approved and merged, the Kubernetes minimum
version requirement will be lifted to Kubernetes 1.18.

Best regards,

Lari

[1] https://kubernetes.io/releases/patch-releases/#non-active-branch-history
[2] https://kubernetes.io/releases/patch-releases/#1-20

Re: Lifting Kubernetes minimum version requirement for Apache Pulsar Helm Charts from k8s 1.14 to 1.18

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
I'll merge the PR https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/pull/192 today
to lift the k8s minimum requirement from 1.14 to 1.18 in the Apache Pulsar
Helm Charts.
The main change is that the CI will run with k8s (kind) 1.18 instead of
1.14 . Other tools (such as helm) are upgraded to latest released versions.

BR, Lari

Posted by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org>.
I noticed today that we document some Kubernetes requirements on the
website [0]. We'll need to coordinate appropriate updates to our docs,
too.

- Michael

[0] - https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/kubernetes-helm/#prerequisite

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
Reminder, there's a PR to lift the minimum requirement for Apache Pulsar