Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/09/18 07:01:48 UTC

Problems with adam.apache.org?

Hi,

the last Gump run on adam has taken more than 99 hours and it looks as
if Adam was killing almost all Maven build process because they were
hanging while downloading something and run into the 1 hour timeout.

I don't think this has always been the case.  Has anything changed?

Stefan

Re: Problems with adam.apache.org?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-09-18, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Hi,

>> the last Gump run on adam has taken more than 99 hours and it looks as
>> if Adam was killing almost all Maven build process because they were
>> hanging while downloading something and run into the 1 hour timeout.

>> I don't think this has always been the case.  Has anything changed?

> No idea.  It looks like the few failed builds I reviewed died when
> downloading Maven artefacts, so either we've tipped the scale where
> each build now has so many dependencies that they can't complete and
> the universe is about to collapse back upon itself.

This only happens if we try to build Maven itself.

> Or something is hosed localhost/network wise.  I rebooted the box
> after a software update, and this morning's run seems to be going OK.

Thanks!

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Sep 17, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the last Gump run on adam has taken more than 99 hours and it looks as
> if Adam was killing almost all Maven build process because they were
> hanging while downloading something and run into the 1 hour timeout.
>
> I don't think this has always been the case.  Has anything changed?

No idea.  It looks like the few failed builds I reviewed died when downloading Maven artefacts, so either we've tipped the scale where each build now has so many dependencies that they can't complete and the universe is about to collapse back upon itself.

Or something is hosed localhost/network wise.  I rebooted the box after a software update, and this morning's run seems to be going OK.

No clue what was going on.

S.

PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A

View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme