Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Xiong, Zhikang" <xi...@ugs.com> on 2006/06/20 22:09:43 UTC

When will Axis-C 1.6 released?

Hi,

Can someone please tell me when Axis-C 1.6 will be released? 1.5 doesn't work for me, it has some problems with secured web services. Is it realistic to assume that 1.6 will be released before end of July?

Thanks,
Jude
<ma...@ugs.com>

RE: When will Axis-C 1.6 released?

Posted by "Xiong, Zhikang" <xi...@ugs.com>.
Any updates on this? Sorry for pushing you guys, but I really need to have a prodcution release soon.

Thanks,
Jude
<ma...@ugs.com>

________________________________

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Re: the handling of nested anonymous types

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
I can't remember why I did this but it failed a specific test (probably a
unit test but i can't remember)

Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>
26/06/2006 04:20
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
the handling of nested anonymous types

The handling of a nested anonymous type is not performed correctly.  For
example, something like:

<element name="getCityInfoStringResponse">
    <complexType>
     <sequence>
      <element name="getCityInfoStringReturn" nillable="true" type="
xsd:string"/>
      <element name="MultiCompany">
                         <xsd:complexType>
                                 <xsd:sequence>
                                         <xsd:element name="Companies"
type="xsd:string"/>
                                         <xsd:element name="Warning" type=
"xsd:string"/>
                                 </xsd:sequence>
                         </xsd:complexType>
       </element>
     </sequence>
    </complexType>
   </element>

You will not get MultiCompany class defined and in various parts of the
code you will invalid code generated, such as in prototypes you would get

AXIS_OUT_PARAM >_getCityInfoStringResponse_MultiCompany

In this particular case, I was able to solve the problem by updating the
code in WSDL2Ws.java, method exposeMessagePartsThatAreAnonymousTypes() by
removing the the following check:

&& !(type.getQName().getLocalPart().toString().lastIndexOf(">")>1)

from

                 if(type.getQName().getLocalPart().toString().startsWith(
">")&& !(type.getQName().getLocalPart().toString().lastIndexOf(">")>1))

And updating the newTypeName from

QName newTypeName = new QName(parameterType.getName().getNamespaceURI(),
parameterType.getName().getLocalPart().substring(1));

QName newTypeName = new QName(parameterType.getName().getNamespaceURI(),
     parameterType.getName().getLocalPart().substring(1).replaceAll(">",
"_"));

Although this fixed this particular problem, I do not think this is a
complete fix (I added another anonymous type nested within the
MultiCompany called MultiCompany2 and it did not get processed).   I have
been studying the code and basically I am wondering why I also should not
remove the check from method exposeNestedTypesThatAreAnonymousTypes:

 && name.lastIndexOf(">")>0

from line 875:

 if(name.startsWith(">") && name.lastIndexOf(">")>0)

and similarly, remove the check from method exposeReferenceTypes():

 && referencedType.getQName().getLocalPart().lastIndexOf(">") == 0

from line 1435:

 if(referencedType!=null &&
referencedType.getQName().getLocalPart().startsWith(">") &&
referencedType.getQName().getLocalPart().lastIndexOf(">") == 0)

I guess I do not understand why we check if there are no more ">"
characters, since in nested types there might be multiple ">" characters.
In addition, the language specific name in info/Types.java's Type method
has the following code:

                if (this.languageSpecificName.charAt(0) == '>')
                {
                    this.languageSpecificName =
                        ">"
                            +
this.languageSpecificName.substring(1).replaceAll(
                                ">",
                                "_");
                }

Nadir K. Amra