Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/07 21:54:47 UTC

Base interface

Any particular reason for us to have two copies of Base ?

import org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.Base;
import org.apache.tuscany.sca.interfacedef.Base;

They seem identical, and making the change in interface-wsdl to use
the Base class from assembly seems to cause no harm.... and the module
seems to compile ok.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Base interface

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> I just changed the import and compiled the module with mvn clean
> install, no erros... but i didn't do a full build... i can try that
> later on...

It's weird...

Module interface, contains the following:
interface public interface Interface extends
org.apache.tuscany.sca.interfacedef.Base, Cloneable {
and does not depend on module assembly.

How will the following:
interface public interface Interface extends
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.Base, Cloneable {
compile without adding a dependency on module assembly?

And if you add a dependency on module assembly won't that create a
circular dependency?

> On 9/7/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>>> Any particular reason for us to have two copies of Base ?
>>>
>>> import org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.Base;
>>> import org.apache.tuscany.sca.interfacedef.Base;
>>>
>>> They seem identical, and making the change in interface-wsdl to use
>>> the Base class from assembly seems to cause no harm.... and the module
>>> seems to compile ok.
>>>

>> How are you changing the module dependencies for this to compile?
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien

Jean-Sebastien

Re: Base interface