Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by "Angela S." <si...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/30 17:53:43 UTC

Interested in contributing an article to your site

Hi there,

My name is Angela; I work on the writers' team at Sisu Data, an analytics
company geared towards helping companies make decisions using data. I
recently found this page: http://druid.apache.org/community/
<https://sisudatamarketing-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1X2PgMwBAD4sV82Le_ksgouZwYFnJRLp75HXa6_7EHX4-635873211&key=YAMMID-67622530&link=http%3A%2F%2Fdruid.apache.org%2Fcommunity%2F>
and was wondering if you are open to taking article submissions on
druid.apache.org. We would love to contribute an informative post
submission, if you're open to the idea.

Let me know what your thoughts are, and if this is something you'd be
interested in seeing what are the costs/guidelines?

Thank you!

Angela
https://sisudata.com/
<https://sisudatamarketing-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1X2PgMwBAD4sV82Le_ksgouZwYFnJRLp75HXa6_7EHX4-635873211&key=YAMMID-67622530&link=https%3A%2F%2Fsisudata.com%2F>
[image: beacon]

Re: Interested in contributing an article to your site

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
Hi Angela,

There are a couple of places on the Druid website where we include content
from the community.

1) If Sisu Data uses Druid internally, or produces Druid-based products, it
would be appropriate to describe Sisu's usage of Druid on our Powered By
page: https://druid.apache.org/druid-powered

2) If Sisu Data offers support or services for Druid, it would be
appropriate to link to information about that on our Community page:
https://druid.apache.org/community/

3) If Sisu Data writes an informative article about Druid, and that article
isn't overly commercial in nature, it would be appropriate to link to it
from the Featured Content section on our home page:
https://druid.apache.org/. These links are typically up for a limited
amount of time.

The best way to suggest new content is to make a pull request for
https://github.com/apache/druid-website-src/blob/master/druid-powered.md,
https://github.com/apache/druid-website-src/blob/master/community/index.md,
or
https://github.com/apache/druid-website-src/blob/master/_data/featured.yml,
depending on which section is appropriate.

There is no charge for any of this. If the content is appropriate then we
will include or link to it, otherwise we won't.