Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/07/18 16:37:30 UTC

Fwd: XMLBeans moving to the Attic

I know some of our projects (sandbox, uima-as) have dependencies on XMLBeans.

I don't think any action is needed at the moment.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
JAXB seems to provide equivalent kinds of functionality.

This page
https://jaxb.java.net/
has links including a link to a tutorial:
https://jaxb.java.net/tutorial/

The license is CDDL 1.1 which is allowed by apache (category b) in object form
only:
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

and there's a maven plugin for it:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin/

-Marshall (who hasn't tried any of this himself ...)

Re: XMLBeans moving to the Attic

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
agreed, I think that doesn't hurt us (even if we'd better use something
else for future versions I think).
Tommaso