Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Stewart, John" <jo...@artesyncp.com> on 2005/05/31 22:57:30 UTC

Use of localhost.rfc-ignorant.org?

I just upgraded our firewall and the DNS proxy is not liking our SA system
querying localhost.rfc-ignorant.org, as this is 127.0.0.1 and our DNS proxy
likes to be authoritative for 127.0.0.1.

So on a query of localhost.rfc-ignorant.org, SA is getting back NXDOMAIN
instead of 127.0.0.1.

I'm wondering why SA is querying this domain at all, as I thought it should
be <something>.dsn.rfc-ignorant.org and <something>.whois.rfc-ignorant.org.

Anyone know why it's querying localhost.rfc-ignorant.org at all?

thanks!

johnS