Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Cooper <AR...@vac-acc.gc.ca> on 2001/07/31 16:59:32 UTC

Servlet Mapping

Hi Folks

I am using tomcat 3.3 b1.  I have the following in my web.xml file.

<servlet>
   <servlet-name> tester2 </servlet-name>
   <servlet-class> tester2  </servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name> tester2 </servlet-name>
   <url-pattern> /tester2 </url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

However, the page doesnt load, as it cannot find the class.  It says cannot find "jsp/tester2".  My tester2.jsp page is under a directory called /jsp, but my compiled file and class file is under /WEB-INF/classes.

I also tried to put this in my apps-myWebApp.xml file but no luck.

Does anybody have any ideas? I think I am just making a silly mistake and there is an easy fix.

Aaron