Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by bryan hansen <bh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/25 19:54:47 UTC

Category not found in RC2, I am not using it?

I have downloaded the latest release candidate for
log4j and am getting a class not found on the Category
Class. See output:

[25/Apr/2002 11:49:08:7] info:
--------------------------------------
[25/Apr/2002 11:49:14:8] error: Exception:
SERVLET-execution_failed: Error in executing servlet
PDFServlet: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/log4j/Category
Exception Stack Trace:

This is the code snippet that I am using it with:

import org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator;
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

public class SecuredPartyEJB implements SessionBean {

  //this is a simple example that gets an instance of
the Logger
  static Logger logger =
Logger.getLogger(SecuredPartyEJB.class.getName());

  //configure the logger
  static {
    BasicConfigurator.configure();
  }

I am using logger and it is telling me that it can not
find Category? I know Category was part of the first
release, but i am using 1.2?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan