Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@jrc.it> on 1998/09/14 09:40:49 UTC

Re: please help

What might help you is the attached bit of code, it is a small hack on
the ProxyPass directive which allows you to list a series of servers
and/or use multiple DNS entries, i.e.

	ProxyPass /	http://mda00.jrc.it http://mda01.jrc.it

Just un-tar apache 1.3.0 and do

	cd apache_1.3.0/src
	patch < mprox.pthc

In the background it uses a (slow!) snmp enquiry to get a some load metric
(from a URL, in simple text format)), and dispatches the call to the
'right' server. These deamons can be on the same machine (on different
ports) or anywhere else you can point at with a URL.

Dw

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Shreyans Mehta wrote:

> sir,
> i am final year Computer Science (grad.) student. I am working on '
> scheduling distributed web servers' using apache as the web server. i
> need to add some code to the server so that i have some sort of
> communication between the dns and the web server eg. web server can
> notify the dns that it  is overloaded or busy .
>
> please help me to tackle this problem . how do i start off  ?
>
> waiting anxiously,
> shreyans mehta

No space left on device: /tmp/tmp.12741.pine.7