Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manish G <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/10 08:16:01 UTC

Request for contribution

Hi,

I am Manish, a Java programmer by profession.

I want to learn and contribute to Kafka.

Can you please guide me to appropriate links for it?

With regards
Manish

Re: Request for contribution

Posted by Bruno Cadonna <br...@confluent.io>.
Hi Manish,

Good to hear that you want to learn and contribute to Kafka.

The documentation and the project info site are great starting points

https://kafka.apache.org/project
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/

To start contributing take a look at

https://kafka.apache.org/contributing

and search for a starter ticket that suits you in Jira under

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8198?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open

To assign yourself a ticket you need to sign-up for a Jira account and send
your username to this list, so that you can be added as a contributor to
the project.

Hope that helped.

Best,
Bruno

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Check out the link in section "Developers":
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Index

-Matthias