Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org> on 2017/07/17 14:48:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Polygene (Java Edition) version 3.0.0 - Take 3

Dear community,

I am happy to start again the VOTE thread for Apache Polygene (Java
Edition) 3.0.0!

The changelog for this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332998&projectId=12316820

Tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=polygene-java.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/3.0.0-RC3

The distributions to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/polygene/

Convenience artifacts in a maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/polygene/

Release distributions and convenience artifacts are signed with the
following key: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/polygene/KEYS

Some guidance on how to validate distributions and artifacts can be
found here:
https://polygene.apache.org/java/develop/releasing-apache.html#_verifying_a_release_candidate

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Polygene (Java Edition)
3.0.0.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast and there must be more positive than
negative votes.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Polygene (Java Edition) 3.0.0
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Polygene (Java Edition) 3.0.0 because...

Cheers

Re: [VOTE] Release Polygene (Java Edition) version 3.0.0 - Take 3

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all, these are my tests on Release artifacts:

Test environment: Windows 10, Java 8 (Oracle JDK 8 update 121 at 64
bit), Gradle 4.0.1

- check md5 of zip file (apache-polygene-java-3.0.0-RC3-src.zip)
- check pgp signature with: 'gpg.exe --import KEYS', 'gpg.exe --verify
apache-polygene-java-3.0.0-RC3-src.zip.asc'
- inspect all root files
- inspect some sources and content (as overview) in many folders
- follow commands written in README.txt
- ensure generated binaries are ok
    - note that on this in my environment I had a build error (I'll
send details in anothe email to dev, with a related JIRA issue) ... so
I had to make some test using binaries from Maven Repository
    - anyway I don't think this is a blocker for the release

> [x] +1 Release Apache Polygene (Java Edition) 3.0.0

Please next time to a longer time frame, maybe including even a full week-end.

Thanks,
Sandro

----

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
+ Downloaded sources.

Posted by Stanislav Muhametsin <st...@zest.mail.kapsi.fi>.
Since I don't have a Java environment set up, I go for:
[x]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
+ Downloaded source distro

Posted by Jiri Jetmar <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

thanks !!

[x] +1 Release Apache Polygene (Java Edition) 3.0.0

Cheers,
jj

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
Dear community,

With my Release Manager hat on, I cancel this vote due to the discovered
Windows related issues.

These issues are already fixed on `develop` and a new CI job dedicated
to Windows testing now ensures we don't regress.
I'll roll out a new release candidate and start a new VOTE thread soon.

Cheers

/Paul

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
Le 2017-07-21 06:54, Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> :-/
>
> Or, we can just put a note on webpage to exclude tests if building on
> Windows, and that these are known issues that will be fixed next
> release.

Rolling another RC takes me less about one hour now, upload included.

Having a buildable source distribution archived is more appealing to me
than having a warning dedicated to a single release somewhere on the
website, away from the distribution itself.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
:-/

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.