Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jordi Prats <jp...@cesca.es> on 2008/01/11 13:53:59 UTC

memory usage

Hi,
I'm getting out of memory errors on tomcat:

Mar 27, 2007 5:21:46 AM
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor
processChildren
SEVERE: Exception invoking periodic operation:
Mar 27, 2007 5:21:52 AM unknown unknown
SEVERE: Error finishing response
Mar 27, 2007 5:21:51 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet bitstream threw exception

There's any way to identify witch application and witch class is getting
to many memory? I think that some application creates a immense array by
never delete any data.

How can I get some statistics about tomcat's memory usage?

Many thanks!

Jordi

RE: memory usage

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Jordi Prats [mailto:jprats@cesca.es]
> Subject: memory usage
>
> There's any way to identify witch application and witch class
> is getting to many memory?

Read the FAQ:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory

> How can I get some statistics about tomcat's memory usage?

The same way you would with any other Java program - JConsole is a good
starting point, but you'll likely need a profiler.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.