Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/28 13:38:34 UTC

tapestry 5 intercepting ajax call

hi,
I read a bit about Ajax in tapestry (so I can use zones or mixins) but there
is one thing that I really doesn't understand.

let say I have two zones t:id="*zoneA*" and t:id="*zoneB*" with style *
display:none* (only zoneA is visible by default). so now I click on
actionLink (*B*) that will do something on server side and refresh zoneB's
body. but what If I want to hide zoneA's so it will be visible next time
somebody clicks on different actionlink (*A*) and so on. Is there any
callback function that I can use to apply my own logic after ajax request
has been processed??

I couldnt find any tutorial about this maybe someone can point me to it.

cheers
--

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Re: tapestry 5 intercepting ajax call

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

when a Zone is update it raises a javascript event that u could listen
to using prototype.

check: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Zone.html
"After the client-side content is updated, a client-side event is
fired on the zone's element. The constant Tapestry.ZONE_UPDATED_EVENT
can be used to listen to the event."

I hope it helps