Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "li.hongxi@coscoshipping.com" <li...@coscoshipping.com> on 2019/11/20 03:34:22 UTC

kylin query question

Dear,
       When I query a Joined Fact table,its subtable's fields  shows null.I search more website,and don't solve.
Please help!

Cube output in Kylin:

Subtable's Output in Hive:

Thanks!

此致

敬礼

Best regards

中远海运科技(北京)有限公司
COSCO SHIPPING TECHNOLOGY (BEIJING)CO.,LTD
李红喜
北京市东城区朝阳门北大街8号富华大厦F座15A室 100027
北京市朝阳区八里庄北里220号中远物流大厦6层
电话:010-51568101
Email:li.hongxi@coscoshipping.com

Re: kylin query question

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
hello hongxi,

After sending an email to dev-subscription, you should have received a
response email asking you to confirm. Just reply that email will finish the
subscription.

For your question, Kylin build the source data to OLAP cube, which only has
aggregated data, no detail data. So if you run a "select * from" query,
actually Kylin couldn't answer; As a workaround, Kylin uses the most-fine
granularity aggregation data answered the query, and for the measure, it
just uses null to represent. If you run an aggregation query (with group
by), it will work as expected.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC