Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Stephen Carr <ca...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/18 00:49:32 UTC

New Dev Volunteer

Hello my name is stephen carr i am from the uk and i am interested in all
sorts of codeing and trying new ideas. I love open office ive used it for
years and i think its time i gave something back to you guys by trying to
help develop this awesome program

Re: New Dev Volunteer

Posted by Fan Zheng <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Stephen:

We are so happy on seeing new coming developers in the AOO community, Thank
you!

To be a developer volunteer, you shall prepare an AOO build environment in
your local and take some AOO technical knowledge and specifications, could
commonly be found in the AOO WIKI pages. For example, the build environment
establishment document for different platforms are in here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide

And the structural introduction documents of AOO Text Document could be
retrieved here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer

And of cause, refer to the new coming developer guide at first:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html , but as it
is still a draft version, tell the community directly, if there anything
should be clarified, updated or even rewrote.

Thank you again, and having fun in this opening world.

ZhengFan

Re: New Dev Volunteer

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Stephen Carr <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello my name is stephen carr i am from the uk and i am interested in all
> sorts of codeing and trying new ideas. I love open office ive used it for
> years and i think its time i gave something back to you guys by trying to
> help develop this awesome program

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the project!  What platform were you thinking of developing on?

-Rob