Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net> on 2009/01/29 14:53:23 UTC

fuzzy search and uppercased word. finds moo~ not Moo~

Hi,
I am doing fuzzy search. And works correctly. For some reason though it
has problems with uppercase words.
e.g if I search moo~    I get results but if I do Moo~     I don't.
I see in analyzer that LowerCaseFilterFactory is hitting but I gess with
fuzzy it's getting messy.
Any clue someone?

Cheers

Re: fuzzy search and uppercased word. finds moo~ not Moo~

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Julian Davchev wrote:
> Hi,
> I am doing fuzzy search. And works correctly. For some reason though it
> has problems with uppercase words.
> e.g if I search moo~    I get results but if I do Moo~     I don't.
> I see in analyzer that LowerCaseFilterFactory is hitting but I gess with
> fuzzy it's getting messy.
> Any clue someone?
>
> Cheers

There is a setting on the Lucene QueryParser that controls whether
expanded terms get lowercased (they generally don't hit an analyzer). It
looks like the SolrQueryParser, which extends the Lucene QueryParser,
hardcodes the setting to false.

- Mark