Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Jiaxin Ye <ji...@airbnb.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/04 16:08:01 UTC

Any community support for spark-atlas-connector?

Hi All,

I saw the git repo for the spark-atlas-connector
<https://github.com/hortonworks-spark/spark-atlas-connector> but it hasn't
been updated in the past two years. Is there any plan to support spark in
Atlas natively? Is the spark-atlas-connector
<https://github.com/hortonworks-spark/spark-atlas-connector> able to
support spark 3.0?

Thanks,
Jiaxin

Re: Any community support for spark-atlas-connector?

Posted by Jiaxin Ye <ji...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the info!

Posted by Jiaxin Ye <ji...@airbnb.com>.
Thanks for the info!

Posted by Ashutosh Mestry <am...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi

Thank you for your interest in Atlas.

To answer your questions:

  *   Spark Atlas Connector is not being developed. Right now we don’t have any plans to support Spark natively.
  *   About support for Spark 3.0: We don’t have plans for it as of now.

Having said that, we will welcome contributions from the community for improving SAC.

Best regards,

~ ashutosh
Ashutosh Mestry<ma...@cloudera.com> . Staff Software Engineer . Cloudera, Inc
No hurry, no pause. – Tim Ferriss, Life Hacker, Author