Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/07/08 00:33:00 UTC

Re: ALL_TRUSTED and Razor, DCC and Pyzor

Re: ALL_TRUSTED and Razor, DCC and Pyzor

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:24:02PM -0500, Kenneth S. wrote:
> Skip DNS tests (Default option = 0)
>  ->Skip Razor, Pyzor and DCC checks and the above tests (option = 1)
>     ->Skip all checks (option = 2)
>
> How does that look?  Also what would the option be called?

This really belongs on dev, but...

I wrote up a bunch of thoughts last year about how short circuit
should work.  A simple option really doesn't do it, unfortunately.
The general idea/short version, was to have a short circuit plugin
which would reorder the rules automatically and drop out at the end of
the priority run.  The thoughts about what to do by default for short
circuit is included in the short thread at:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-dev/200411.mbox/%3c20041118002232.GC22979@kluge.net%3e

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
 One of Bender's kids: Can we have Bender burgers again?

Re: ALL_TRUSTED and Razor, DCC and Pyzor

Posted by "Kenneth S." <it...@eta.swmed.edu>.
Well this works out.  I started putting something together after Theo's
response.  I already have it working and skipping the checks based on
ALL_TRUSTED but did not add any debug code.  Since it looks like this is
something that you want in SA I'll add debug code and put a patch
together.  I was thinking of putting an option in local.cf that would skip
checks as follows.

Skip DNS tests (Default option = 0)
  ->Skip Razor, Pyzor and DCC checks and the above tests (option = 1)
     ->Skip all checks (option = 2)

How does that look?  Also what would the option be called?

-Kenneth

Posted by Sander Holthaus - Orange XL <in...@orangexl.com>.
I think that is an excellent idea!

I call spamc from maildrop, so I can filter out some message's that do not
need to be processed by SpamAssassin. But it would be much easier for most
installations if such behaviour can be done from within SpamAssassin.

You might want to add even an extra option that doesn't scan local messages
(things like daily/weekly/monthly outputs), e.g. mail from the box itself
that spamassassin is running on
An option that disables scanning from or to certain addresses entirely (for
instance, if you have an mail-account friends can send you some sample spam
to which doesn't require filtering nor anything like AWL(learning or
Bayes(learning)).

Kind Regards,
Sander Holthaus