Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/28 01:49:11 UTC

AURORA-507

Is anyone working on AURORA-507
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-507> ? If not I'd like to
start working on it. What would be a good place to start ?

Thanks,
Arunabha

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Locks are currently centered around job updates.  If you trace the rpc
name into the client code, you will wind up at a sub command cancel-update,
which does as you describe.

--
-=Bill

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris !

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Chris Lambert <cl...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
Updated.  Enjoy!

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.
Ok, my JIRA username is 'arunabha'

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Chris Lambert <clambert@twitter.com.invalid

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Chris Lambert <cl...@twitter.com.INVALID>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so sounds like issue 507 is still viable ?

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: AURORA-507

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Tickets that are unassigned are usually not in progress, so feel free to
step in!  We'll need to add you to the list of users that can be assigned
tasks in our JIRA queue, so please send me your JIRA user name.

A good place to start would be a test case in SchedulerThriftInterfaceTest
[1] with the desired behavior.  In this case, you'll need to plumb a signal
all the way up from LockManager [2] to indicate that the lock was not
released.

Hope that helps, feel free to follow up here or in IRC if you have more
questions!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-aurora/blob/master/src/test/java/org/apache/aurora/scheduler/thrift/SchedulerThriftInterfaceTest.java
[2]