Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Cooper, Jeremy" <je...@retirementpartner.com> on 2005/12/14 18:14:43 UTC

getPrefix() problem with axis 1.3?

Hello,
I have noticed a few posts regarding the exception below that occurrs
while running WSDL2Java.  Is there a resolution or work around for this
issue?

I have ensured that I have the correct wsdl4j jar, although I can only
find the class in the jaxrpc jar.

[axis-wsdl2java] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.namespace.QName.getPrefix()Ljava/lang/String;
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.BackslashUtil.getQNameWithDifferentLoca
l(BackslashUtil.java:62)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.BackslashUtil.getQNameWithBackslashless
Local(BackslashUtil.java:39)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populateServices(SymbolTabl
e.java:3078)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:7
45)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:543)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:5
18)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:4
95)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: getPrefix() problem with axis 1.3?

Posted by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cooper,
I sense that you don't have a proper QName class available in your
classpath. This could be very much the case when some other applications jar
file which implemented QName is present ahead in the classpath. Make sure
you have the latest jaxrpc.jar and that too first in the classpath
than other application jars.

Regards
Jaya

--