Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Al...@tessella.com on 2014/02/11 17:53:50 UTC

Adding an arbitrary atom:link to an entry using OpenCMIS

I'm implementing a CMIS server using OpenCMIS 0.10.0. For certain object
types, I'd like to add an additional atom:link to the atom:entry returned
by the AtomPub bindings.
The ObjectInfo interface appears to only define specific link types, that
are then used in AbstractAtomPubServiceCall.writeObjectEntry to build the
atom:entry.

Is there any way I can add an arbitrary link (defining its rel, href and
type attributes myself)?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Re: Adding an arbitrary atom:link to an entry using OpenCMIS

Posted by Al...@tessella.com.
Florian,

Excellent - many thanks. I've created CMIS-757. (I hope you don't think
it's impertinent, but I've attached an svn patch file that implements the
change. Hope it's of some use.)

Regards,

Alan

From:   Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
To:     <de...@chemistry.apache.org>, <Al...@tessella.com>,
Date:   11/02/2014 21:12
Subject:        Re: Adding an arbitrary atom:link to an entry using
OpenCMIS

Alan,

If you need this feature, please open an improve issue in the Chemistry
JIRA and I will have a look at it.

- Florian

Am 11. Februar 2014 21:09:17 schrieb Alan.Gairey@tessella.com:

> Florian,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. I had been thinking of using a CMIS
> extension (I'm already using them for some descriptive metadata), but I
> need to include a link to a related application, so an AtomPub link
seemed
> like a better "fit". I take your point about it not being available for
> other bindings, but the main client for our system will only be using
AtomPub.

> Thanks again,
>
> Alan
>

> From:   Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
> To:     <de...@chemistry.apache.org>, <Al...@tessella.com>, Date:
> 11/02/2014 18:15
> Subject:        Re: Adding an arbitrary atom:link to an entry using
OpenCMIS

> Hi Alan,
>
> No, it's not possible to add an arbitrary Atom link tag.
> Can you explain what you want to achieve? A CMIS extension could be a
> better option because it would work for all bindings, not only for
AtomPub.

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Alan,

From:   Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>