Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2013/12/06 15:12:08 UTC

experimental support for Tdbc in DIO

I started an experimental dio_Tdbc.tcl class in trunk (a stub has been
just committed).

This class is meant to be a transition tool for applications needing to
migrate from DIO to Tdbc removing the need to require both tdbc and
another DB specific driver. Personally I became so familiar with some
DIO methods and constructs that having it around is somewhat a
simplification when doing many fundamental queries, still tdbc offers
many interesting feature and having access to it is helpful.

Trying to write the concrete methods of class Tdbc I realized there is
no support in tdbc for querying the current value of a primary key after
a insert query has run (method lastkey in classes Mysql and Postgres).
Reproducing these same methods implies must be aware of the backend thus
breaking the class abstraction.

Suggestions?

--
-- Massimo Manghi