Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Bala Krishna Gangisetty <ba...@altiscale.com> on 2014/07/08 00:44:06 UTC

MRv2 and Tez co-existence

I'm wondering, from operational point of view, are there any specifics that
need special attention to make MRv2 and Tez frameworks coexist in harmony?
I heard that putting Tez jars in Hadoop class path would impact the mapred
behavior, even when Tez is not enabled (either through mapred-site.xml, or
Hive). Could someone throw more light and share thoughts on it?

--Bala G.

RE: MRv2 and Tez co-existence

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
To be clear, the unless mapreduce.framework.name is set to yarn-tez, MR
jobs will continue to run on MR.

However, the client side MR code may see issues if the Hadoop version for
MR and Tez are different and there is an incompatible change in the Hadoop
between those versions. E.g. there was an incompatible change made in the
deprecation code in Hadoop between 2.2 and 2.4. So if the MR code depends
on 2.2 hadoop libs and tez (latest) uses 2.4 then the presence of those
libs in the client classpath will hit that incompatible change. This is a
client side only issue.

Bikas

Posted by Bala Krishna Gangisetty <ba...@altiscale.com>.

Re: MRv2 and Tez co-existence