Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 07:46:16 UTC

How to know which consumer member causes rebalance

Hi,

We are running a group of Kafka consumers on 200 mesos instances and we are
observing constant Revoking/Rejoining in our consumer logs. But it's hard
to tell which consumer member initially caused this issue as every consumer
needs re-join in this case. Is there a good way to find out that 'bad'
consumer?

Thanks.

--
Yifan

Re: How to know which consumer member causes rebalance

Posted by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com>.
Some more details about the consumer setup:

   - version 0.10.1.1
   - the topic has 400 partitions
   - consumers are running on 200 mesos instances, and each instance is
   running 2 KafkaConsumer threads

Yifan

--
Yifan