Posted to general@james.apache.org by Mint Nick <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/30 02:47:45 UTC

Database table names

Hello all,
So, I've run into a snag, I thought this might be a great place to propose a
change. I'm storing everything onto a PostGre database and noticed that both
James and Liferay have tables named subscription. Since we are about to
release a new version of James, how about adding prefixes to the tables for
enhanced compatibility? Maybe something as simple as Jsubscription, or
AJsubscription? Just a thought. It would certainly make things easier.

Re: Database table names

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I can See the use case for using the james db for other Things too. So
adding prefixes is not the worst idea....

Bye
Norman

Re: Database table names

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Database table names

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,
IMAP-228 and IMAP-233 will be my first dev todo on 2011 (end-of 2010 is a bit busy here).
See my comments on JIRAs
tks,
Eric

Re: Database table names