Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cromer, Deborah" <De...@team.telstra.com> on 2001/07/19 02:44:03 UTC

changing classpath

hi,

I have recently downloaded the tdk for Turbine, and have been writting an
application to using turbine. The tdk includes catalina which I am using
with no problems. However, I now want to use some classes which are stored
ina  general class repository (not under any directory associated with
tomcat/turbin/catalina) and want to make these visible. I have been havign a
lot of problems with this.

After postign to the turbine-users mailing list I have been told that I
should not be modifying the catalina classpath (doign this has presented me
with various problems anyway). I think I need to change the tomcat
classpath, but am unsure where this gets set. I am currently starting up
catalina using th catalina.sh script which comes witht he tdk (and is
attached below)

How do I make the classe sin the repository visible?

Deborah

 <<catalina.sh>>

Re: changing classpath

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Cromer, Deborah wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have recently downloaded the tdk for Turbine, and have been writting an
> application to using turbine. The tdk includes catalina which I am using
> with no problems. However, I now want to use some classes which are stored
> ina  general class repository (not under any directory associated with
> tomcat/turbin/catalina) and want to make these visible. I have been havign a
> lot of problems with this.
>
> After postign to the turbine-users mailing list I have been told that I
> should not be modifying the catalina classpath (doign this has presented me
> with various problems anyway). I think I need to change the tomcat
> classpath, but am unsure where this gets set. I am currently starting up
> catalina using th catalina.sh script which comes witht he tdk (and is
> attached below)
>
> How do I make the classe sin the repository visible?

If Turbine is using the standard catalina.sh script, you can make classes
available to all webapps by putting them unpacked under
$CATALINA_HOME/classes or in JAR files under $CATALINA_HOME/lib.  If
Turbine is not using the standard catalina.sh startup file, you're on your
own and will need to get support from the Turbine list.

> Deborah
>
>  <<catalina.sh>>

Craig McClanahan