Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Hars <do...@inventivio.com> on 2007/08/16 12:57:58 UTC

Site plugin: internationalization - css and image resource duplication

Hi,

I am trying to use the site plugin with several languages.

Unfortunately, the site plugin copies all its css files and image
resources into each locale. This is inefficient, furthermore I run into
a problem when I use my own css files or image resources to override the
default maven files. I then have to manage some master files (e.g.
site.css) in the src tree and make sure that I copy them to all locale
subdirectories in the src tree when I make a change. I also can't see
why it is important to copy all small maven icons (e.g. ok
collapsed.gif, expanded.gif, icon_info.gif etc.),  over and over into
each locale subdirectory.
Is there a way to get around this behavior and have all locales use the
same .css file and image resources?

Or is there a variable which velocity can access to detect which locale
we are dealing with? Then I could simply change the velocity template so
that it points to the topmost css directory always.

Thanks for your help,

 Alexander