Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mega-digital <me...@uol.com.br> on 2003/06/12 22:06:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Re:[users@httpd] Some HTML Not Viewable

<!--#echo var... this is called server side includes, and
must be enabled in apache...i think it is disabled by
default... Search for
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
in the httpd.conf and remove # before these lines...
And of course, you need .shtml extension or whatever you
replace by, to echo var and other ssi commands to work...
Hope it works

Gabriel Santos
ICQ57965110

> I tried to make "<!--#echo var="SERVER_NAME" --
>" appear in a
> web page on our server, but it wouldn't work.  When the defa
ult
> Apache page appears in the browser, it works.  I need to kno
> the documentation for the syntaxes available (to have files
show
> results like the date and so on) and what Apache needs to pr
oduce
> the results.
>
> --
> Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mai
ling
>       list address and my email address in To: and/or Cc: wi
th
>       any proper combination

*********
> Signed,