Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Burger <m...@rtin-burger.de> on 2005/08/05 14:50:45 UTC

How to write to Maven's console and how to trigger failed build from jellybean

Hello,

I'm writing a Maven 1.1 plugin that is launched via an jellybean defined
in plugin.jelly. While my plugin is running, I want to write info and
error messages to the "Maven console" and want to cause that the build
fail if certain exceptions occur.

For writing to the console, is "System.out.println(...)" the best way?
Or should I use some logger, perhaps "Logger.getLogger("org.apache.maven")"?

Is there any well defined way to trigger that the build failed ("BUILD
FAILED")?

Regards,
    Martin

Re: How to write to Maven's console and how to trigger failed build from jellybean

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/5/05, Martin Burger <m...@rtin-burger.de> wrote:
> For writing to the console, is "System.out.println(...)" the best way?
> Or should I use some logger, perhaps "Logger.getLogger("org.apache.maven")"?

The latter.

> Is there any well defined way to trigger that the build failed ("BUILD
> FAILED")?

throw new JellyTagException(...) IIRC.

- Brett