Posted to users@camel.apache.org by reynoldsm88 <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 20:51:34 UTC

Integration tests between multiple projects

We are deploying our Camel applications to JBoss fuse using blueprint.

We have 2 maven projects that implement a particular feature that need to be
decoupled because one of them is a more generic integration. Essentially we
have one that gets some data, updates a database, and then puts some values
in a map and places that map on queue.

In another integration (it is part of another maven project) we would like
to read in a message and transform the data into a certain format using
marshallers.

My question is, now that we have both of these integrations set up and
individually tested, is it possible to create a unit test that would load
both of them and then test it that way? This is desirable because we do not
haven an environment to deploy to yet but we need to show our stakeholders
that the desired functionality is being implemented.

Re: Integration tests between multiple projects

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can use pax-exam for integration testing in Karaf containers. Its
a mouthful to learn and use, but its doable.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM, reynoldsm88 <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are deploying our Camel applications to JBoss fuse using blueprint.
>
> We have 2 maven projects that implement a particular feature that need to be
> decoupled because one of them is a more generic integration. Essentially we
> have one that gets some data, updates a database, and then puts some values
> in a map and places that map on queue.
>
> In another integration (it is part of another maven project) we would like
> to read in a message and transform the data into a certain format using
> marshallers.
>
> My question is, now that we have both of these integrations set up and
> individually tested, is it possible to create a unit test that would load
> both of them and then test it that way? This is desirable because we do not
> haven an environment to deploy to yet but we need to show our stakeholders
> that the desired functionality is being implemented.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus