Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 05:29:07 UTC

Optimal indexing speed in Solr

Hi,

Would like to find out, what is the optimal indexing speed in Solr?

Previously, I managed to get more than 3GB/hour, but now the speed has drop
to 0.7GB/hr. What could be the potential reason behind this?

Besides the index size getting bigger, I have only added in more
collections into the core and added another field. Other than that nothing
else has been changed..

Could the source file which I'm indexing made a difference in the indexing
speed?

I'm using Solr 5.4.0 for now, but will be planning to migrate to Solr 6.0.0.

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Optimal indexing speed in Solr

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Stupid phone autocorrect...

If you add updated documents of the same ID over time, optimizing your
collection(s) may help.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
If you delete a lot of documents over time, or if you add updated documents

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Edwin,