Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Zeeshan Ali Shah <za...@pdc.kth.se> on 2014/11/14 16:50:28 UTC

User Authn and Authz in Spark missing ?

Hi,  I am facing an issue as a Cloud Sysadmin , when Spark master launched
on public IPs any one who knows the URL of spark can submit the jobs to it
.

Any way/hack to have a Authn and Authz in spark . i tried to look into it
but could not find ..

any hint ?

--

Regards

Zeeshan Ali Shah
System Administrator - PDC HPC
PhD researcher (IT security)
Kungliga Tekniska Hogskolan
+46 8 790 9115
http://www.pdc.kth.se/members/zashah

Re: User Authn and Authz in Spark missing ?

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Have a look at this doc http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/security.html

You can configure your network to only accept connections from the trusted
CIDR. If you are using Cloud services like Ec2/Azure/GCE etc, then it is
straight forward from their web portal. If you are having a bunch of custom
vps's then you might want to configure the iptable entries.

Thanks
Best Regards