Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2020/07/20 10:02:33 UTC

Re: Ozone 0.6.0 release preparation (1.0.0?)

On 7/10/20 11:50 AM, Mukul Kumar Singh wrote:
> +1 for GA as well.
>
> We have done lots of compatibility testing with Ozone with Hive and Spark. >

I have the same question as on the Ratis side.

If we think it's GA, why don't we call it 1.0.0 ?

Marton

Re: Ozone 0.6.0 release preparation (1.0.0?)

Posted by Shashikant Banerjee <sb...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Thanks
Shashi

Posted by Bharat Viswanadham <bv...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for 1.0

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <jn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ozone 0.6.0 release preparation (1.0.0?)(Internet mail)

Posted by "baoloongmao (毛宝龙)" <ba...@tencent.com>.
+1

Thanks
Baoloong

Posted by Vivek Ratnavel Subramanian <vs...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for 1.0.0

Posted by Aravindan Vijayan <av...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for 1.0.0.

wrote:

> +1 to update the version to 1.0.0.
>
> Anyone objecting to the version number change can respond to the release
> vote. We don't need a separate vote thread.
>

> On 8/12/20, 7:31 AM, "Sammi Chen" <sa...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     We have resolved all JIRAs targeting 0.6.0 by today.  Thanks everyone
> for
>     your continuous contribution!
>
>     All 0.6.0 commits are cherry-picked from master to ozone-0.6.0, except
> this
>     revert request(https://github.com/apache/hadoop-ozone/pull/1313)
> which is
>     pending for confirmation.
>
>     I will start to build the first RC package tomorrow.
>
>     As for the proposal to change the version from 0.6.0 to 1.0.0,  do we
> need
>     3 "+1" to proceed?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Sammi
>
>     On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 3:27 AM Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@apache.org>
>     wrote:
>
>     > +1 for 1.0.0 as GA
>     >
>     > On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 8:32 AM Sammi Chen <sa...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>     >
>     > > Marton,  good idea. 1.0.0 is a good candidate for GA version.
>     > >
>     > > I will wait a few days in case there is other feedback.
>     > >
>     > > Sammi
>     > >
>     > > On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 6:03 PM Elek, Marton <el...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>     > >
>     > > >
>     > > > On 7/10/20 11:50 AM, Mukul Kumar Singh wrote:
>     > > > > +1 for GA as well.
>     > > > >
>     > > > > We have done lots of compatibility testing with Ozone with
> Hive and
>     > > > Spark. >
>     > > >
>     > > > I have the same question as on the Ratis side.
>     > > >
>     > > > If we think it's GA, why don't we call it 1.0.0 ?
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > > Marton
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> ozone-dev-help@hadoop.apache.org
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > >
>     >

Thanks & Regards,
Aravindan

Re: Ozone 0.6.0 release preparation (1.0.0?)

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sammi Chen <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@apache.org>.
+1 for 1.0.0 as GA